Improving the Health of Your Home with Carpet Sanitizing
You want to keep your carpet looking and feeling fresh and clean. After all, your carpet impacts the air quality in your home and the health of everyone who lives there. To take good care of your carpet, you likely vacuum regularly and know how to spot clean for any spills that might occur.
Even though vacuuming provides an important first step in caring for the carpets, as it lifts out the crumbs and debris that might have gotten into the fibers, it does not help with any bacteria that might be living in the carpet or rug. These bacteria, however, can cause odors and impact air quality.
To keep your carpets smelling fresh and looking spectacular, you will want to give your flooring a deep, sanitizing clean throughout your home. When you find a trustworthy company that does this well, it will help you protect the air quality in your home and create a healthy home environment.
What to know about keeping your floors clean
When it comes to taking care of your floors, you may hear a lot of different terms. This is what you should understand when it comes to keeping your home clean.
Sanitizing versus sterilizing
Sterilizing describes what you would see in a hospital operating room when harmful elements are completely eliminated. Since carpets are porous, they cannot be completely sterilized. They can, however, be sanitized. With proper sanitization techniques, including the use of EPA Registered Sanitizers, this process will bring down the number of harmful elements to a negligible level, making the floors safe to walk and lie upon and improving the health of your home.
In addition to ridding your carpets, mattresses, and upholstery of the bacteria that can spread illnesses, the sanitization process also helps to eliminate the presence of common allergens, such as dust mites, pests, pet dander, pollen and more throughout the home.
Sanitization versus disinfection
Disinfection best applies to hardwood floors. With a disinfectant, you can eliminate the presence of harmful germs and bacteria that can easily enter the home. Since hardwood and tile floors do not have the same porous nature of carpets and rugs, the right cleaning techniques can eliminate these dangerous elements. Sanitization, however, focuses on reducing the number of bacteria to the point where they do not threaten your health or that of your pets.
A quality floor cleaning company can use high-quality sanitization processes on your rugs and carpets while pairing it with disinfecting your hard flooring to drastically reduce the presence of bacteria in your home. The sanitization process can also help to care for your upholstery and mattresses.
This will help you create a healthy home, allowing you to breathe easier and know that you are doing everything possible to keep your home sanitary and safe.
Finding a company who cares about your health and the environment
To keep your home safe as well as clean, you want to make sure that the company you choose is dedicated to quality green solutions. The EPA registers certain carpet sanitizers that will get the job done while also minimizing the dangerous ingredients found in other products.
These registered chemicals are biodegradable and created from botanical enzymes that represent the latest advancements in botanical disinfecting technology. This makes them not only effective on the flooring but also safer for people to breathe and better for the environment.
Innovators and environmentalists have worked to create carpet sanitizing products that will effectively kill microorganisms without posing danger to humans. These new products have helped improve the abilities of carpet cleaning companies to offer flooring sanitization services without endangering themselves, their employees, or the health of their clients and their loved ones.
The Power Pup Clean Difference
When you select Power Pup Clean for your Seattle carpet sanitization, you will work with an organization dedicated to providing you with the deepest clean possible.
Our Botanical Carpet Sanitizer package is an ancillary service that you can purchase in addition to your regular carpet cleaning. Our cleaning process:
- Removes 89 percent of airborne bacteria, allowing you and your family to breathe easier.
- Destroys an average of 98.1 percent of common household allergens.
- Is safe for kids, pets, and the elderly.
- Kills over 99.99% of germs, including Virucidal (HIV-1) and Bactericidal (including MRSA).
- Is 100% non-toxic.
- Contains no synthetic fragrances, dyes, or bleach.
- Is derived from plant extracts.
The importance of cleaning surfaces beyond your carpets and rugs
Our cleaning process will also go beyond only your carpets and rugs. We can help you take care of a variety of soft surfaces in your home, including the upholstery and mattresses. When we come to your hard flooring, including hardwood and tile, we can disinfect your flooring to give your entire home a deep clean.
By taking care of these surfaces as well, we help our clients create healthier environments for their entire family. They can eliminate armful allergens and bacteria throughout the home, improving the air quality and health of the entire space.
To help us achieve this level of clean, we turn to powerful green cleaning solutions. This disinfecting technology represents some of the latest in botanical cleaners. We work closely with a chemist that specially formulated our Botanical enzyme formulation, allowing us to achieve incredible results. If you have not heard about the power of enzymatic cleaners, here is a brief overview.
What are enzymatic cleaners?
These cleaners are specially formulated to quickly break down stains and keep carpets looking fresh and clean with the help of biological catalysts. Those who own pets know how bathroom accidents can quickly lead to stains and smells, but these cleaners can eliminate these problems naturally and quickly.
Those without pets also find their success incredible when it comes to removing soil and mud on carpets and hard floors. These cleaners make it easy to keep all your flooring looking its best, and all without relying on harmful and dangerous chemicals.
Our cleaners employ this technology to keep your floors looking beautiful.
We work to protect your health
We place a great deal of importance on the indoor air quality in the homes of our clients. We know that you and your loved ones want to feel comfortable with the quality of the air in your home. With pets walking on your carpets, children crawling, or even adults stretching out to enjoy the comfortable feel of the flooring, no one wants to worry about the chemicals released into the surrounding air. That is why you can count on Power Pup Clean to keep your home safe and clean.
Our process for carpet sanitization and to disinfect your flooring to keep your home clean
When you hire Power Pup Clean to take care of your carpets, you can trust that our IICRC-certified technicians will follow a careful 7 point process that will give you the best possible results. You will see how this process leads to fresh, sanitized carpets that create a healthier environment throughout the entire home.
- We begin by vacuuming with an industrial-grade agitating vacuum. This vacuum is equipped with high-quality filters that remove allergens and particulates that might cause irritation and contaminate the air.
- We will use our preconditioning and carpet sanitization solutions. These carefully selected chemicals care for the rugs while disinfecting them, but also have been carefully developed to protect the air and environment.
- Next, our carefully trained team of professionals will begin the agitation of the preconditioning and carpet sanitizing solutions. This step helps to get the products deep into the carpets, ensuring that it destroys any harmful or odor-causing bacteria.
- During the next step, we will use an encapsulation process that crystallizes and locks in the dirt and grim. This makes it easy for us to extract all the dirt, grime, and build up from the carpet with the help of our state-of-the-art equipment.
- To keep your carpet looking beautiful, we then use our carpet grooming strategies to restore the pile and the overall appearance of the carpet. You can be assured that your carpet will look lovely and fresh when we have completed our work.
- To give your carpet an additional layer of protection, we will then apply an anti-microbial shield. This shield creates a virtual bio-barrier on your carpets, keeping out bacteria and odors, helping them remain fresh for months to come.
- Finally, we make sure your carpets have a thorough drying before we leave. We eliminate as much moisture as possible so that you can begin to enjoy your carpet again quickly.
At Power Pup Clean, our dedication to Seattle’s carpets will help you keep your flooring sanitized and healthy, creating the home environment you want. If you want to learn more about how we can help you with your flooring, please do not hesitate to reach out for more information today.